It is important to us that we protect the privacy of personal information and for you to know what type of information we collect and how we treat information we may receive from you. This policy describes what we do with personal information we collect from you and the ways in which we may collect that information and how we treat information we may receive from you.
By using any of our services including our Site and by providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as set out in this policy.
THE TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and store the following types of personal information about you when you use the Site or correspond with us (for example, by email) for any reason, including when you send your resume to us by email, or submit an “Employment Application for Ship Personnel” form through the Site:
- your rank;
- your name, contact details, email address and URL;
- your passport details: passport number, passport place and date of issue and date of expiry;
- your professional qualifications, including your seamans book number, seamans place and date of issue and seamans date of expiry; and
- any other information about you that you disclose to us.
If you are a job applicant or potential candidate for employment at Eastern Pacific Shipping, please click HERE to read our Recruitment Privacy Notice which explains why and how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal data, and your rights in relation to the same.
Additionally, outside of recruitment, we may also collect:
- personal data collected through your use of our Wi-Fi;
- personal data you provide in connection with your attendance onboard any of our managed vessels, including your name, company, who you are visiting, time in and out and your signature;
- personal data we collect about individuals acting for and on behalf of our counterparties or suppliers; and
- personal data provided by you in connection with our KYC / AML checks.
- Information collected through our Site or apps
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information from you through your use of our Site and Wi-Fi, when you request information from us or engage our services, as a result of your relationship with one or more of our counterparties.
A number of facilities on our Site invite you to provide us with personal information, for example, the “Employment Application for Ship Personnel” form in the “Career” section of our Site.
In relation to any employment applications received, if we consider that your application may be suitable to our current requirements, we, or a party acting on our behalf, may contact you to request that you attend an interview. We may also ask you to provide us with contact information for individuals who will act as professional and personal referees. We may contact these individuals and ask them questions we feel are relevant to your possible employment with us. We may contact you again to request that you attend further interviews or to inform you of whether we are able to offer you a position with us.
If your application is not suitable to our current requirements, but we feel that there may be a position in the future for you with us, we will a keep a record of your application and may contact you again if a suitable position becomes available.
We may also automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit to our Site, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We record this technical data to maintain our server and improve our services. We do not use this information to personally identify anyone, unless there is a security threat or breach faced or unless otherwise where we are legally required to.
WHAT WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR
Our processing of your personal information is necessary: (i) for the performance of contracts to which you or your company will be a party and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts; (ii) where required by a legal or regulatory obligation; and (iii) for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us.
Our processing of your personal data is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, namely: (i) collecting user information to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience; (ii) to ensure that the content on the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device; (iii) to allow you to participate in any features on the Site when you choose to do so; (iv) recruitment and for the general running of our business.
We may use your personal information specifically for the following purposes:
- To provide and improve this Site;
- To communicate with you;
- To provide and improve our services to you and to our counterparties including handling personal information of others on behalf of our counterparties;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To compile anonymous statistics, for example, Site usage statistics;
- To market our services;
- To manage our relationship with you and our counterparties;
- To fulfil our legal obligations;
- To resolve complaints and handle requests and enquiries;
- To prevent, detect and investigate crime, including fraud and money-laundering, and analyse and manage commercial risks;
- For the purposes of recruitment; or
- For other legitimate business purposes.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent, distribute or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except as described in this policy or with your prior permission. We may disclose personal information to service information requests, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies and protect our rights and property. The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with our affiliates and shareholders if this is necessary to fulfil our obligations, respond to your enquiries or for any other related purposes.
We may also share your personal information with:
- third parties who support our information technology or handle mailings or events on our behalf;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person); and
- other business entities if in the future we re-organise, transfer or sell all or part of our business and need to transfer your information to new entities or to third parties through which our business will be carried out.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We apply the highest standard of security when it comes to hosting and protecting information.
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though this Site.
Personal information that you submit may be sent to, and stored on, secure servers owned by or operated for us. If we collect personal information about you through the use of the Site, we will only retain that information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the activity requested, or as may be required by law.
SHARING INFORMATION ACROSS OUR WORLDWIDE NETWORK
Any information that you provide to us may be shared with and processed by any of our affiliates, including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, our shareholders and certain of our service providers. This may entail a transfer of your information from a location inside Singapore to a location outside Singapore, or from outside Singapore to a location inside Singapore. The level of information protection in certain countries may be less than that offered in Singapore, however we have procedures in place to ensure the protection of your information, including by imposing contractual obligations on the recipients of that data to protect your information to the standard required under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. Your information is disclosed to the above only for relevant purposes as set out in this policy.
YOUR RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS
Under applicable data protection legislation we must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how it has been processed in the last year, and to have your personal data rectified as required by applicable data protection legislation. To exercise any of these rights, please send an email to the Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within the statutory time limits as required by data protection legislation.
Upon receipt of a request, we may request for additional information from you (including proof of identity) in order to process your request. We may also charge a reasonable fee to cover our administration costs when dealing with any requests for access, which we will inform you of in advance.