SOCIAL MEDIA INITIATIVE policy
OUR HASHTAG: #EPSHIPPING
We would like to invite you to share your photos, videos and other content relating to EPS and its employees (together, “content”) with us on our social networking sites (such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Bebo, WeChat and MySpace).You may do so by utilising our hashtag #epshipping whenever you post such content on social media platforms, provided that you adhere to the following content standards.
This policy will apply to any individual who submits media via this hashtag. The purpose of this Policy is to encourage appropriate use of social media. If while using our social media sites you identify any breach of this policy or any use of social media that may be damaging to the interests of EPS, please e-mail at email@example.com or call +65 6433 5174, immediately.
Before you share or upload any content on social media platforms using our hashtag, you should ensure that:
- where such content contains the personal data of third parties, you have obtained permission from such third party to the disclosure of their personal data (such as their image) to us specifically or to third parties generally;
- where such content contains information relating to clients, other employees or any other third party (whether or not that information is personal data), you will observe EPS’ data protection policies and information security policies;
- such content is:
- accurate (where they state facts);
- genuinely held (where they state opinions); and
- complies with applicable laws in Singapore, the UK and in any country from which they are posted (including any copyright requirements explained below);
- such content does not:
- contain any images of minors;
- misuse or compromise the EPS name or reputation;
- contain any content which is defamatory of any person;
- contain any content which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on appearance, ethnicity, race, gender, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal or immoral activity; and
- is not used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Please also ensure that the content does not breach the copyright of third parties. In particular:
- you should not:
- share, post or otherwise use copyright materials without the express permission of the copyright holder.
- assume that copyright owners of material have waived their rights by placing material on the intranet system or otherwise making available the material to you;
- assume that the absence of a copyright symbol means that material may be used without permission;
- where you have obtained permission to use copyright materials, ensure that appropriate notices and credits are given to third party copyright.
When in doubt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
USE OF CONTENT BY EPS
We may use the information that we collect via the Social Media Initiative for the purposes of:
- engaging and connecting with our employees and staff on social media platforms;
- building a social media presence;
- branding, promotion, marketing and advertising; and
- recruitment of employees and staff for our business.
Where you choose to share or post any content on social media platforms using our hashtag or other identifiers, and the intellectual property rights to such content are owned by you, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, perpetual, sub-licensable, royalty-free worldwide licence to use such content in any manner which we see fit. In so far as is permissible by law you waive your rights in that content.
We may share or post the content on our official social media accounts or otherwise use the content received for the purposes listed above, although there is no guarantee that we will do so.
Should we collect any personal data contained in such content, we will handle the personal data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, including as appropriate the General Data Protection Regulation and the Personal Data Protection Act 2012, and our data protection and information security policies.
RIGHT TO AMEND THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time. If material changes are made to this Policy, they will be posted on this page and date stamped. We encourage you to review this page periodically in order for you to stay notified of any changes.
Your continued use of this Site and acceptance of our services after any changes to this Policy constitutes your consent to any such changes, to the extent such consent is not otherwise provided.
If you have any further questions on this Policy, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com