OUR COMMITMENT TOWARDS QHS
Eastern Pacific is deeply committed to our staff, environment, and partners. We have document control systems in place which assist in regulating the change management processes and ensure that we uphold the highest quality in the continuous development of our Safety Management System. Our objectives are:
- To provide safe and efficient cargo transportation services following applicable international legal requirements.
- To assess all identified risks to the ship, personnel, and the environment and establish safeguards and an emergency response system.
- To prevent ill health, human injury or loss of life by providing a safe and healthy working environment and adopting safe working practices.
- To prevent marine pollution and damage to property.
- To maintain a competent and motivated workforce through training and continuous improvement of quality and safety management skills.
- To ensure safe and healthy working conditions for each employee at sea and onshore.
We achieve our objectives by maintaining and operating a management system based on the requirements of ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and IMO’s ISM Code. In addition, EPS will comply with all applicable codes, guidelines, and standards set forth by IMO, Flag States, and other maritime industry organisations.
Ship Visit Policy
Eastern Pacific Shipping is fully committed to the highest standards in Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment. Part of this commitment is ensuring that all persons on board EPS managed vessels comply with our safety instructions and policies. This includes our crew, shore staff, suppliers, contractors, guests, and any other person. Visitors are required to liaise with their EPS person of contact to obtain specific policies, forms, and instructions before boarding. Should you require any clarification or further information before your vessel visit, please email email@example.com, or you may approach an officer while on board.
Drug and Alcohol Policy
Eastern Pacific Shipping provides a safe, healthy, and productive working environment for all employees. We recognise that alcohol or drug abuse by employees will impair their ability to perform properly and as a result will have serious adverse effects on the safety, efficiency, and productivity of themselves, other employees, and the company as a whole. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about our Drug & Alcohol Policy.