OUR COMMITMENT TOWARDS THE ENVIRONMENT
EPS follows a comprehensive Environment Protection Policy that applies to all that we do at sea and onshore. With over 4,000 port calls a year, we are conscious of our impact in local areas and partake in voluntary vessel speed reduction in port areas. Our vessels have received the Green Award for enhanced environmental performance and Qualship 21 status for consistently adhering to environmental compliance. In addition, 52 of our vessels will have Exhaust Gas Cleaning Systems which significantly lower SOx, NOx and particulate matter emissions.
EPS’ Singapore headquarters was awarded the prestigious Eco Office Award by the Singapore Environment Council. This audit-driven award is given to companies who operate with high regard to waste management, air quality, and energy, paper and water conservation.
Eastern Pacific Shipping is committed to operating our vessels in a manner that minimises the environmental impact of its activities. We achieve this by setting policy for:
- Compliance with all environmental laws and regulations applicable to the maritime industry.
- Promoting the use of alternative materials that have a lower environmental impact.
- Continuous Improvement of our environmental performance through evaluation and investment in innovative technology.
To achieve compliance with this policy, EPS shall:
- Prepare and implement operating and maintenance procedures to manage the environmental aspects of its operations in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Subscribe to and implement the ISO 14001 Environment Management Standard with our Fleet of vessels.
- Set targets and measures for our environmental performance and review them on a regular basis to gauge performance and drive continuous improvement strategies.
- Provide appropriate environmental training and educate employees to be environmentally responsible.
- Communicate and reinforce this policy throughout the company and its contractors.